The mission of the Florida Gifted Network (FGN) is to educate the public on the needs of gifted learners and effectively advocate for issues that affect the rights of of these exceptional students and the services they receive. FGN, formerly PALS, is a non-profit Florida organization founded in 1987. FGN focuses on providing resources, networking and advocacy.
- E-mail requests for information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- FGN on Facebook
- Twitter: @FLgifted
- Engages in networking and advocacy activities to ensure appropriate educational services for gifted learners.
- Monitors state and national legislative and administrative issues in support of our gifted learners.
- Develops the Florida Gifted Action Alerts to provide timely calls to action and updates on legislation, administrative rules, and Department of Education initiatives.
- Communicates with DOE to provide a voice for parents of the gifted.
- Networks with other organizations such as the Florida Association for the Gifted (FLAG), the Coalition for the Education of Exceptional Students (CEES) and the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC).
- Provides resources & support to county-wide parent groups.