Start here to learn more about the laws, rules, and state of Gifted Education in Florida
Advocacy tools and the latest research on Gifted Education
Seminal research articles, tools, and resources for gifted students and their famlies.
Upcoming events, conferences, and Florida Gifted Network seminars
Learn more about the Florida Gifted Network and join us!
Our contact information and your regional representative
The mission of the Florida Gifted Network (FGN) is to educate the public on the needs of gifted learners and effectively advocate for issues that affect the rights of of these exceptional students and the services they receive. FGN, formerly PALS, is a non-profit Florida organization founded in 1987. FGN focuses on providing resources, networking and advocacy.
What We Do
- Engage in networking and advocacy activities to ensure appropriate educational services for gifted learners.
- Monitor state and national legislative and administrative issues in support of our gifted learners.
- Develop the Florida Gifted Action Alerts to provide timely calls to action and updates on legislation, administrative rules, and Department of Education initiatives.
- Communicate with DOE to provide a voice for parents of the gifted.
- Network with other organizations such as the Florida Association for the Gifted (FLAG), the Coalition for the Education of Exceptional Students (CEES) and the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC).
- Provide resources & support to county-wide parent groups.
Who We Are
Carolyn Burk Hutchins
Jenni Sanguiliano Lonski
Bess Hope Wilson
How To Get Involved
Stay up to date with the Florida Gifted Network throughout Facebook page, and through our email list (note: some school districts might send our newsletters to SPAM!)
How To Donate
The Florida Gifted Network is a registered non-profit that relies on donations from supporters like you! Donate through our secure link, or during one of our Donation Drives on our Facebook page.
The Florida Gifted Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization of the Internal Revenue Code, donations to which are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. In accordance with IRS regulations, this letter will confirm that no goods or services will be given in return for this donation.